Sunday, March 11, 2012

One month down!

Margaritas with Hannah at Zapata's
You can dance on the bar, just put your drink/cigarette down first!
Natasha, Mal, and I at M1NT for Charley's birthday

  
Matching lace =)
It's crazy to think that I've been here for over a month already!!! It feels like I just left home but that I've been here forever, all at the same time.

Last week was good but really long. I had my first Wushu, or Chinese martial arts, lesson on Monday! It was so much fun! There are only four of us in the class so we have a lot of one on one time with our instructor, Prof. Yang. He's amazing-I just want to sit and watch him demonstrate all of his skills. Last week we just learned the basic stances and strikes, I think this week we are adding in footwork!

These pictures are from my week/weekend- the first two are from Ladies' Night at this Mexican bar called Zapata's. Margarita's were free from 10-12 for ladies, so we went there to meet up with a friend's family who was in town. Saturday was my friend Charley's birthday, so we took her out to dinner and then to this really swanky club called M1NT-they had a shark tank at the entrance! We all wore black and she wore orange so she would stand out more as the birthday girl; she loved it! =)

I just finished my second Chinese test-it went pretty well I think. We're starting to write whole paragraphs in Chinese, which is frightening but really cool! Taking our test today means I don't have much Chinese to do this week, and my Issues class is talking about gender and the crisis of masculinity tomorrow...should be a great week of classes!

My new favorite obsession is buying cheap movies from the back gate-they're only 10Kuai, which is ~$1.60!!! I found the 6-hour BBC version of Pride and Prejudice and almost died of happiness. I'm going to come home broke, but with so many DVDs!! =)

1 comment:

  1. Dear Ali,
    Thanks for taking the time to update the blog. Moderation, my precious child, moderation!!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete